Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Something New Today...

I am almost ashamed proud to say that "Sid the Science Kid" not only inspires my older son but also the stupid theme song has inspired me... My son loves the show and will watch several episodes or clips on the PBS iPad app back to back to back and so that song gets constantly stuck in my head... It got so stuck it has inspired me to change my life... 

2011 was a really rough year for me. In August of 2010 my husband and I moved from Fort Myers, FL into my parents home in NC to become caregivers for my mother whose 7 year battle with lung cancer was coming to a close... I missed most of her battle by going to college, getting married, divorced, remarried, becoming a mother. I moved to FL for a year and half... When found out it was almost the end of the war, my Mother and my father and my sister needed me. So my wonderful, loving, and supportive husband agreed to move into my parents home and become caregivers... I was 3 months pregnant at the time... Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that didn't I??? It was hands down the hardest thing I've ever faced and it has really shaped me as an wife, mother, and friend... 

My mother found her peace on April 23rd and I spent much of last summer so focused on getting my Dad and sister through that time I didn't process it and in August when my sister left for her 2nd year of college and everything settled down, I really struggled. At the same time, my husband after a year of struggling with an unsuccessful decent job search found a good job and I felt like I lost my best friend, he was my constant rock and I truly missed him... I went into a pretty decent state of depression especially for me, I am lucky blessed to be a generally content or even fairly happy person, and it took quite awhile for me to get out of it... 

I have come out on the other side of that depression and ready to try to move on... It's been hard and I still struggle with dealing with the loss of my mother everyday... I took some time in December to really reflect on the last year and half and what is in store in the future for me and my family... During this time was when Sid inspired me... Inspired me to start with Something New Today... 

My mantra for 2012 is going to be Something New Today... Trying to take some small steps to do Something New... I have 2 boys and they are constantly learning something new and I'm ready to slow down and learn somethings from them... I plan to try new things constantly, whether its recipes, crafts, projects, trying to meet goals and accomplish things. I want to set some goals and create a bucketlist for myself.  I expect some complete failures and lots of mistakes but I plan to just keep trying something new constantly and hopefully I'm gonna find my path...

No comments:

Post a Comment